From Tuesday, 24 March 2020, and throughout the period of school closures, Landau Forte Academies will be making Free School Meals available via a voucher scheme. Parents/carers of eligible students will receive a text message or email with details on how to obtain vouchers for their child or children.
How to receive the weekly vouchers
- Parents will receive an email and/or text message to choose their Supermarket voucher preference. This selection includes:
- Once parents have selected their supermarket preference the Free School Meal Company will purchase the vouchers from the supermarkets. We are expecting this initial set up to be a very busy period therefore there may be a 24 – 48 hour delay from when parents select their supermarket to receiving their first voucher.Please be advised parents only have to choose their supermarket preference once and it will be retained for future vouchers.
- Once the Free School Meal Company receives the required vouchers back from the supermarkets, they will be sent directly to parents. Expected voucher lead times for the Free School Meal Company to receive vouchers from the Supermarket after the order has been placed are listed below:
- ASDA – Next day
- Morrisons – Same day
- Tesco – Same day
- Sainsbury’s – Same day
- Parents may therefore experience a 24 – 48 hour delay until they received their redeemable voucher.
- Currently vouchers will be issued on a weekly basis (5 College days’ worth at a time).
- College phone lines and email currently remain open – please contact us if you are having any difficulty but please do first allow a 48 hour period to pass before querying why you may not have received the voucher.
- Thank you for your patience whilst this new system is set up.