Hello Years 7 – 13,
Well done to everyone who entered last week’s Maths Challenge – everyone who entered got it correct! A special mention goes to SHS tutor base for having the most correct entries out of everyone. The solution to the problem is shown below and I have also chosen the working out of three Year 7 students to share with you (see attached). As this is the last week of term, there is no Maths Challenge this week.
Have a super break over the summer!
Mrs Uff 😊
- Fifth number plus the third number equals fourteen.
- First number is one less than twice the second number.
- Fourth number is one more than the second number.
- Second number plus the third number equals ten.
- Sum of all five numbers is thirty.
The answer was: 74658